Tuesday 17 August 2010

Colin Patterson

If anyone is an avid listener of the Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo film reviews then they will know that for the month of August neither of these two are there. Instead we get Colin Patterson and some other film reviewers. Now they seem ok but I miss Simon and Mark terribly, it's just not the same. Colin does the job but instead of feeling entertained I just feel informed at the end of these podcasts which is bad for me because I know I will soon forget it all. So it makes listening pretty pointless. Although Colin was good when he presented Richard Bacon's show the other week because he shut up and let Ricky Gervais do most of the talking and it soon became just like one of Ricky's old XFM radio shows. Some of my favourite broadcasting ever, when everybody in the Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington camp were all just the right amount of famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment