Thursday 27 May 2010

Four Lions


Since Saturday I haven't been having a great time and have been feeling rather low but I have managed to cheer myself up a bit with a recent viewing of the brilliant new film Four Lions. The man responsible for this film is Chris Morris who is in my opinion a genius. He is responsible for the sublime brass eye and the excellent the day today and is known for his particularly on the edge comedy. A famous example of this being the final episode of brass eye which was about paedophiles. The film aims to mock some of those people modern society fears most, suicide bombers. It reduces their terrifying acts to a series of very human mistakes and is at time very moving. The humour is very much there from the beginning and you can tell it is a Chris Morris film. Here is a link to one of my favourite ideas to come out of brass eye: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81MWIsj2Kmc

No comments:

Post a Comment